www.beelicioushoney.com

One of our apiaries

Monday, October 8, 2012

The temperatures have dropped here reminding us that Fall is finally here. I know that we will still have many summer like days intermittently but that just goes with living in the South. Weather is very fickle in the South.

So, yesterday I tried something that I have meant to do for several years now. I made my first batch of a simple syrup using honey and lemongrass. The idea came to me from a sweet neighbor and master gardener, Barb. She had divided a lemongrass plant and gave me a portion to start our own. We all loved the smell and planted it in our yard. Now years later it is a monster bush. It has grown so incredibility fast and I find myself in that same position --- needing to find someone to share this wonderful plant with! So, I harvested several stalks to try in this simple syrup.

I must say the lemongrass honey simple syrup really adds such a wonder flavor to my hot tea. I just don't know why it took me so long to get that done!

Here is what I did: You use equal parts honey and water.
1 cup water
1 cup honey
Bring water to a boil and then add the honey. Take pot off the stove. Stir until combined. Add in lemongrass chopped and let steep. Remove lemongrass and pour into a container. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment